Here are some examples of how to cite the GIDEON database and eBooks in your work.
Citing the Database:
- Generic Citation: GIDEON (YEAR). Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Online Network. Available at: www.gideononline.com [accessed DATE].
- APA7: Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Online Network. GIDEON. (YEAR). Retrieved from www.gideononline.com
- MLA: “Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Online Network.” GIDEON, YEAR, www.gideononline.com.
- AMA: Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Online Network. GIDEON. www.gideononline.com. Published YEAR.
- Harvard: GIDEON, YEAR. Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Online Network. GIDEON. Available at: www.gideononline.com.
- IEEE: “Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Online Network,” GIDEON, YEAR. [Online]. Available: www.gideononline.com.
Citing an eBook:
- Generic Citation: S. Berger, BOOK TITLE, GIDEON Informatics, Inc., Los Angeles, CA (YEAR)
- APA7: Berger, S. (YEAR). BOOK TITLE. GIDEON Informatics, Inc.
- MLA: Berger, Stephen. BOOK TITLE. GIDEON Informatics, Inc., YEAR.
- AMA: Berger S. BOOK TITLE. GIDEON Informatics, Inc; YEAR.
- Harvard: Berger S (n.d.) BOOK TITLE. YEAR Edition. GIDEON, GIDEON Informatics. Available from: www.gideononline.com.
- IEEE: S. Berger, BOOK TITLE, YEAR Edition. GIDEON Informatics, n.d..
Examples in Research
If you want to cite the GIDEON database as the data source, draw inspiration from these research papers!
Atypical Streptococcal Meningitis with Fatal Cerebrovascular Complications: A Case Report
Clinical and laboratory features of brucellosis in a university hospital in Tunisia
Nontyphoidal Salmonella Osteomyelitis in an Immunocompetent Adult Without Preceding Symptoms
Culture & Infectious Diseases
Social representations of animal diseases: anthropological approaches to pathogens crossing species barriers
Individualistic values are related to an increase in the outbreaks of infectious diseases and zoonotic diseases
Globalization, Climate Change & Infectious Diseases
Emerging diseases, livestock expansion and biodiversity loss are positively related at global scale
Outbreaks of Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases Are Associated With Changes in Forest Cover and Oil Palm Expansion at Global Scale
Spatial dynamics of major infectious diseases outbreaks: A global empirical assessment
Global Health Management
Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases in the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region, 2001-2018
Tackling the Threat of Rabies Reintroduction in Europe
Detection of INVA Gene and Cytotoxin of Salmonella entertidis in Food Samples Using Molecular Methods
Identification and Characterisation of Endophytic Bacteria from Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Tissue Culture
Occurrence of mecA and blaZ genes in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus associated with vaginitis among pregnant women in Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria
An unpleasant souvenir: Endoscopic finding of Trichuris trichiura (Nematoda: Trichuridae)
Fleas of mammals and patterns of distributional congruence in northwestern Argentina: A preliminary biogeographic analysis
Review of Cryptosporidiosis in Calves, Children and Hiv/Aids Patients
Testing predictability of disease outbreaks with a simple model of pathogen biogeography
Vector-borne Zoonotic Diseases
Elimination of Falciparum Malaria and Emergence of Severe Dengue: An Independent or Interdependent Phenomenon?
Fauna and spatial distribution of mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) in River Nile State, Sudan
Looking to cite a GIDEON ebook? Here's an excellent example of how to do it:
Topically Acquired Bacterial Infections from Aquaculture: A Synopsis with Relevance to the Arabian Peninsula